Saturday, June 30, 2012

Appetite

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21

Lately I have been dealing a massive sweet tooth. I'm not kidding! It has come to the point of feeling very very tired in the mornings after sleeping for eight hours, and even having my allergies acting up. Moderation is key if you are a sugar addict, at least that's what I've come to learn. Needless to say, this is not what my note is about today, but it has inspired it.

How many of us has an appetite for God? To say that we desire him more and more each day? Lately my schedule has become so sporadic that I sometimes find myself saying "if only I had one day without anything on my plate, then I could really dig into God's word." There's responsibilities right and left of us we cannot avoid, but I'm beginning to learn that that doesn't mean we cannot sink our teeth into God's word, and walk away feeling full, not empty, by our time spent with Him.

I want us as believers in Christ to crave him. To desire to get in his word on any given day, whether it's mellow or fast paced. To crave to have the opportunity to witness to a friend. To crave God and to do things for him like that piece of cake with your name written all over it in your kitchen. I want my appetite for life to be serving the Lord, not fixating on my desires. Just recently I have seen some manifestations from doing what I want, and you know what I have found is hunger for things I know are of God. Therefore I need to seek him. To continually be seeking and desiring him throughout my whole life.

Today, perhaps pray to God this simple prayer. "Lord, I want to crave you. To crave your Word and your spirit to teach me your ways. I want to live for you, not for myself. To desire you everyday of my life." And really mean it. I think when we stop looking at our own desires and look to God we begin to see great things he will do with us. His desires become our desires (not our desires becoming his desires). We are his children. We just need to listen to him. To simply delight ourselves in him and see what he will bring about in our hearts.

Truth To Remember


"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." ~Proverbs 4:23
so.....

"Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." ~Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment