Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blessings Flow

Last night was an emotional one. Full of laughter and tears, it was my bon voyage party, thrown by a few ladies at my church. Some of them I have known for months, others years. And it was surely a night that I will soon never forget. What a blessing to have so many women come together to celebrate the new adventure in my life. I cannot thank them enough, nor God, for all the blessings they have bestowed upon me during my time here in town.

Together, we have shared tears, laughter, wisdom, and many more gifts that have blown my mind. I never would have imagined relationships like these five years ago.

I think of Philippians 1:3 when I think of the many friendships I have formed while in town. Paul was declaring his gratitude for fellow believers at the church in Philippi.

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God."

Ladies, and even the friends who were not at this get together, thank you so much for friendships. It means so much to me. I thank God for you just about everytime it hits me all that he has blessed me with. Thank you!

On another note, here are a few items that I was able to get, courtesy with a little help from my friends. ;)

These were cards given to me at the party. Balloons included.

Socks had to investigate.

One of the tops I was able to buy at Target, which will be part of my wardrobe at school. No sweats for this college student.

Two pairs of slacks. About $13 each, on sale. Yay!

I love, love, LOVE this cardigan. I can wear it with just about anything.

Another sweater. If you look closely, it is a little sparkly, but not too much. I saw it the other day. Didn't give it another thought, but I loved the colors, and had to try it on. It works for me.


I got a lot from my errand run tonight, including: razors, bandages, bath towels, hand towels, ear plugs, and a face mask to filter out the light when I go to sleep. If you cannot tell, I'm a light sleeper... And the husband pillow is just an added bonus from a friend who didn't need it anymore. I bet it'll be glad to be back at Northland. ;)


Thank you, friends, for the memories, and hopefully many many many more to come when I come back! If the Lord permits...



1 comment:

  1. Love that you posted about your party and what you bought. That cardigan is really cute! Hope you do get to visit often (but you may not want to leave) we will miss you in IL.

    ReplyDelete