Sunday, June 10, 2012

You Reap What You Sow

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting." Galatians 6:7-8

I'm not going to come off as a good Christian tonight. I have seen the accumulation of reaping what I have sown these past few months, and boy, is it dreadful. I had a clearer concious maybe a month ago because I hadn't yet seen the reaping part of what I had sown. The influences and actions that I have allowed in my life were specks that added up, and now I'm waking up on Sunday morning, June 10, with the revelation I have reaped exactly what I have sown.

I don't know what else it is, other than my human pride that tells me I will be alright with one more thing in my life, that doesn't necessarily need to be done. I know I am being a little vague, but just picture this. I have all these right and wrong opportunities in front of me, and which do I choose? The wrong things. Why? Simply because I want them to be right, but I'm wrong, just like they are wrong. Oh brother, it really is worth following what is right, and of course we know what is right! To be obedient to the Lord.

Proverbs 21:3 in the New International Translation says, "To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice." Cut and paste that to your heart. It is worth the while doing what the Lord commands of us than to trip and stumble through the woods of the unknown. I know because of my relunctance to accept the fact that the opportunities I had before may not have been what God wanted me to do after all. In so doing, I have failed. I have failed God, friends, family, and myself. When I think about the opportunities I have had in life, I wonder what I might have now if I had taken the ones I didn't take, and avoided the ones I knew were wrong. I don't know, but I do know I have fallen, but am getting back up. I shot a bullet in my foot, but I'll be cleaning the wound.

Tonight, take this away from my regret. When you see an area in your life you are doubting or know for sure is wrong, go straight to the Lord for counsel, present to him what you have, and he will give you an answer. Trust me. I have done this these past few months, and I have gotten answers that kept me out of harm's way; other times it was up for me to be obedient.

I want to praise God for taking care of me, and helping me get back up. I don't deserve it, but he is grace. And because who he is, I want to present my story to you as a testimony we reap what we sow. Remember, friend. It is the truth.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." ~ Galatians 6:9 

No comments:

Post a Comment