Monday, June 10, 2013

Pause Button

"The LORD will work out his plans for my life-- for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me." Psalm 138:8

Life is full of adventures and sometimes I wonder if we lose sight of searching out the reason for those adventures. I can't say that I enjoyed my college experience fully, but I will admit that I search for peace and gratitude for the experience. I want it to replace any bitterness and uncertainty of what is ahead. I am searching for contentment, for both the past and the future.

Psalm 119:57-64 says,

"You are my portion, Lord;
    I have promised to obey your words.
 I have sought your face with all my heart;
    be gracious to me according to your promise. 

 I have considered my ways
    and have turned my steps to your statutes.
 I will hasten and not delay
    to obey your commands.
 Though the wicked bind me with ropes,
    I will not forget your law. 

 At midnight I rise to give you thanks
    for your righteous laws.

I am a friend to all who fear you,
    to all who follow your precepts. 

 The earth is filled with your love, Lord;
    teach me your decrees."


I want to read God's word and learn to be satisfied in Him alone. What about you? Sometimes I like to pray a passage out of Psalm 119, and this particular passage I have enjoyed because it's exactly what I have been looking for. Peace in God alone and continually seeking His word to learn the way I ought to live. 

Today, what are you living for and is it for God alone? Take some time and pray to Him, but before you do, pause and think about what is really on your heart and mind, two areas that we are to love our Lord with. Thank Him for everything you can think of and cry out to Him about any anxiety or hurts on your mind. Reveal yourself to Him, even if it's things you cannot reveal to others. He already knows, but sometimes it's through our prayers that we begin to see what is on our hearts and it's then we can begin to reconcile what is in us. 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment