Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Homesickness, Unemployment, Disastor, Bitterness, and All the No Good Horrible Things In Life

I know a lot of us are going through painful times. For myself, I have yet to feel as strong as I have before...

Let these verses sink into you and sow seeds of encouragement for your faith. Never stop praying to the Lord. Never stop seeking His goodness. He is the only steady person we have on this chaotic earth. Let him be your guide and peace.


“Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
    fulfill your vows to the Most High,

and call on me in the day of trouble;
    I will deliver you, and you will honor me.” Psalm 50:14-15


"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

"
Yet I still belong to you;
    you hold my right hand.

You guide me with your counsel,
    leading me to a glorious destiny. 

 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    I desire you more than anything on earth. 

 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
    but God remains the strength of my heart;
    he is mine forever.

 Those who desert him will perish,
    for you destroy those who abandon you.
 But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
    I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,
    and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do."
Psalm 73:23-28

"Young people, it’s wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do. So refuse to worry, and keep your body healthy. But remember that youth, with a whole life before you, is meaningless. Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.”

That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad." Ecclesiastes 11:9-10; 12:1; 13-14''

Last, but certainly not least is Psalm 25. I enjoy this chapter because it has helped me in the rough patches of my life. Look through it and if you feel led to, pray it out loud. I love praying out loud Psalm 86, as well, if you get a chance.

I pray this blog posting will be an inspiration to some, or even challenging to just see the Word of God instructing us to do things like rejoice, don't worry, and sacrifice. How great is it to see that our God is personal and wants to help us? It satisfies even the cynical side of me. The same side that I know I need to starve or else nothing in this life makes sense. The goodness and purity that I crave. If it cannot be satisfied, what else can I do? I remember God who has satisfied me before, so I always go back to Him. And I have yet to ever be disapointed.

So seek Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment