Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Frazzled

Today's post is a bit of a journal entry more than anything I probably have ever written. I have to admit I have been a bit frazzled since the end of April. I have been working the equivalence of a full time job these past three weeks. A great blessing for my college fund, but not so fun because it means I have given up the time I once had to do other tasks I really enjoyed. I miss getting in the Bible as often as I did. I miss sitting at home, finishing up house chores and thinking to myself, "what now?" I miss the time I had to clean out my closet that I have been meaning to do for months. I had the role of a housewife, and I miss it so so very much!

Have you ever had one of those periods in your life that you are jumping around from place to place, trying to get everything accomplished?

I don't think it's just by chance that my leg gave out around the same week I started to pick up more hours at work and have less time to spend on other tasks. I'm still seeing what God is doing in this part of my life, but right now I can say I see a silver lining due to the fact that my strained muscle is keeping me from literally running out the door when I go to work, a friend's house, or someplace else. I am reminded in each brief walk to my car that God is showing me to slow down and rest in him. Yes, an injury can do that. It stinks because I really miss running around like a mad woman when I have a crazy schedule, but as for now, I see that God has blessed me with a time in my life that I believe will be the investment in my future. That is time to work more to earn more money for college. I can still spend time with God, just not studying his word to the extent I did months ago. I'm not lying when I say I look forward to the days when I can study the Bible more, write more about what I have learned, and even accomplish the task of cleaning out my closet. Pretty much having the role I did before I picked up a crazy schedule weeks ago.

Until then, I am resting upon this truth, and if you haven't noticed, it's my life's verse right now.

"Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world." ~ Psalm 46:10
God is that stillness and peace I need in my day. Whenever I don't want to be around anyone for the rest of the day, he is the only one I still want to be with. Or when I want a friend to just talk to after a long day at work, I talk to him. He is those moments in my day now that I best look forward to because everything else is pure chaos. Thank God for his companionship I have yet to get tired of. Come to think of it, probably never will get tired of it either.

God bless. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment