Wednesday, June 13, 2012

He Sustains Us

Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4

Sometimes I open my Bible in the mornings, and think to myself, "What am I suppose to be reading?" The Bible is an overwhelming book if you do not have a plan, but I have picked up on one strategy that seems to help a lot. That is praying to God about what I need in my life, whether it be the strength to resist temptation or to find comfort in a difficult time. Pretty much asking for help in what I will need help in today.

Now one thing I want to explain is there is a difference between saying "I need someone to love me" to "I need a new car." One is an innate human need, while the other is most likely a want. What I am talking about is that fulfilment in a person that, if left unfilled, leads to loneliness, resentment, weakness, sin, and insecurity. We are human beings who look for answers, and in God's view, he knows just that. This is why he tells us to depend on him everyday of our lives (Psalm 62:7-8).

One thing I like to do is go on the Internet and type in "Bible" with a word that best describes what I need, or the situation I am in. Whether I feel lonely or confused about an area in my life, I can look for an answer in God's word, and I have yet to not find what I have searched for. It may have not been the answer I wanted, but God has always answered me.

Today, if you are facing anything that you are needing strength, hope, comfort, or a way out of a temptation or sin-- turn to God's word. He wants to help us. He died for us so we can call on him anytime, day or night, to ask for help. Just go to him and pray. Tell him what part of you is empty or lacking strength in. He will surely be with your throughout your day to help you.



Listen to my words, Lord,
consider my lament.
Hear my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly.

Psalm 5:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment