Monday, August 13, 2012

Whom Am I Going to Miss the Most?

Candidate 1
Candidate 2 



Candidate 3



Facts About Candidate 1

Butch:
       a.k.a. "THE Butch", "Mr. Butch", "Butchy Boy"
Favorite Food: Anything with fish
Favorite Activity: Sitting outside the house playing the role of security guard
Favorite Playmate: Socks
Fears: Everything
Life's Motto: "Do trust it until it shows it can be trusted."


Facts About Candidate 2

Socks 
       a.k.a. "the Queen", "my snuggle bug", "my cutie pie", "my baby doll", "sweetie"

Favorite Food: Anything, as long as it stays down in a 17 year old's belly
Favorite Activity: Hunting and napping in her younger years; napping has taken the place of hunting
Favorite Playmate: Butch; his attempt at trying to be playmates gives plenty of opportunities to whack a feline, at the old ripe age of 17 years
Fears: Not getting rid of Candidates 1 and 3
Life's Motto: "Every human lap was made to lie down on"


Facts About Candidate 3

Oreo 
       a.k.a. "the Princess"

Favorite Food: Whatever hasn't been served in a while
Favorite Activity: Hunting in her younger years and eating the prey; now replaced with napping
Favorite Playmate: Bunnies and squirrels five years ago; now no one
Fears: No one
Life's Motto: "The food bowl is never full enough"

WINNER: While Butch is fun to watch as he jumps from one place to another, trying to avoid his own shadow, he is too timid to want to approach humans. Socks is great at meeting others at the door when they walk in, or sitting in their lap when they sit down, but sometimes you have to wonder, "Is she really showing me love, or is she making sure she is loved?" Oreo has an advantage because she will not show a human affection unless they have deserved it. If they are a person that time has shown to be the food provider, she will give them one to three hours of cuddle time. Otherwise, don't count on her to be cuddling with you when you are feeling down. She rather be served than be served.

So the winner of whom will be missed the most is not only a close call, but very hard to make. Each one has brought joy in my life, as well as laughter...

This contest is much like whom I will miss in town out of all of my friends and family. There is no contest. I cannot pick just one person whom I will miss the most. If any, it's you who gave me laughs, guidance, insight, knowledge, and more. I just want to say I'm going to miss you all! I admit, I fear the relationships we have built can drift apart, but I am determined to keep in touch. When I know my dorm address, I will let you know. When I am in town, I will let you know. My idea is not to hold onto a dead friendship, but to honestly see how you are doing because I care about you now, and hopefully, if the Lord permits, we'll see each other again.

It's no contest on who I will miss the most. I will miss my closest friends. The ones who I believe will know who you are. My church body. My family and friends. Love you all!

I still have 2 weeks until I leave. Hope to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment