Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Note From a Dear Friend

The writing below was written by my dear friend, Katie, who shared it with me last night. After reading it, it made me want to praise the God that calls me his child and to seek after what will glorify him. This beautifully illustrates how and why. Enjoy!

*Praise God in all circumstances. He alone is worthy of our praise.
*When we need Him the most; when we are at our breaking point; when we realize just how dependent we are on Him - that is when He can & will use us to complete His purposes.
*God can & does reveal Himself through His Word.
*I am called to live a transformed life, not a conformed life.
*Seeking & sensing the Lord's presence should more than satisfy me - it should remind me I don't need anything or anyone more than I need Him.
*I judge myself based on my sins - those from the past & in the present. Because of my salvation, the Lord no longer condemns me. I am His child, and He has saved. There is no 'place' too far that He cannot reach me!
*I have been called to proclaim the love of God to everyone I encounter. His love should be so important to me & evident in my life that I can, will, and should not keep it to myself. People all over the world need God, but if I don't do my part in reaching out to them, how will they ever know?
*Jesus came to Earth to save the lost. Those who needed & pursued Him relentlessly believed in & accepted His messages & miracles. He healed, redeemed & saved them. All He asks is that I pursue Him w/ that same belief.
*He has been called Friend of sinners because He knew what they knew: that He was the One who had come to save them. He came to save me, too. I need (no, have to) ask myself, Do I live my life as if Jesus is my friend or enemy?
*God's love surrounds those who fear, honor & love Him. Even when we feel unlovable or unloved by others, His love is more than enough. By choosing to live for Him & follow His ways, I cannot accept any substitutes for my Heavenly Father, the Lover of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment