Saturday, January 11, 2014

I Am Running Away...

Not really, but recently I’ve noticed one thing when I tell people my bad week has made me want to run away. That one thing is everyone I talked to wants to run away too! Go figure. I never stopped and thought about the people in my life and the junk in their own lives and how much of better excuse they may have for running away. My point being is when you come down to it, everyone of us has something in our lives that makes us want to scream, cry, fret, worry, or just leave town, like in my case. You may not think of it this way, but for me, when I first told someone how much of a bad week I was having, enough to feel like running away (I really wasn’t going to do it by the way), I was relieved when they opened up about feeling the exact same way. Not only that, but they were having the same frustrations I was having too! I found that to be a blessing from God and the many others I have witnessed or talked to who have felt this way.

Maybe it’s the frustrations at home, lack of love you feel, the loneliness that no one else seems to know you feel, the emptiness inside that you quickly fill with something unsatisfying. All these things have been or are a part of my life right now. I know how it feels, I know the only way out of these ruts are focusing on what God has planned in my life. There are times in my life I feel so frustrated with getting money for college that I sometimes just want to give up on going into counseling altogether. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned at the end of these hard times in my life, I always want to help others who are going through difficulties in their own lives by helping them apply God’s word in their own lives.

Life’s not perfect. I should know. Everyone you talk to I think can claim the statement, “I’ve been through so much in my life” or even “I’ve been through so much more than anyone else.” Thing is, no matter how much we’ve been through, let’s remember not to forget the lessons and the reasons we may have gone through them so we can help one another. Otherwise, we lay in our own pit of destruction, victimizing ourselves, and ignoring what God can do in your life.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” ~Jeremiah 29:11

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. ~Proverbs 17:17

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. ~Proverbs 27:17

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. ~Ephesians 4:29-32
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. Luke 6:31

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3
 
"Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn;” Isaiah 51:1
 
“I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.”- Psalm 116:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment